Just kidding . . . But what is more fun that a bunch of big, fluffy pillows?
If you’ve just moved into a new apartment or home, a quick way to make your new space feel “homey” is to make some spunky pillows for any room. Currently, it is really popular to make your own pillows! Keep some of these ideas in mind:
- Texture. Don’t shy away from texture! Flowers or frills can be sewn onto pillows to create a different effect.
- Color. Embrace color. A bright yellow or red or pink may just be the perfect finishing touch to brighten up your room. Even think about using pastel colors.
- Tassels. Add tassels for the sake of spunkiness.
- Words. Add some text—a favorite quote or expression—to a pillow.
- Round v. Square. Try your hand at making some round and square pillows! They don’t have to all be the same shape!
- Reused Materials. Take an old sweater, and repurpose it as a brand new pillow! Not only will you be resourceful, but you will also stay warm and cozy with a snug pillow.
- Glitter. Who doesn’t love a touch of sparkle? Glam up your room with some sparkling sequins or glitter.
Check out some fun pillow ideas below to help you spruce up your space!
—Katie, Stance: Studies on the Family