Good morning, Stance readers! Looking for ways to update your bedroom. Why not try making your own nightstand? Keep reading below for 10 ideas about DIY nightstands. 1. Square Table 2. Crate 3. Stacked Luggage 4. Hanging Nightstand OR 5. Restoration Hardware Look 6. Cinderblock […]
Dear Stance: Studies on the Family readers,
Good morning! Making your own frames can add spunk and color to your space—whether you live in a home, a rental, an apartment, wherever! You can even alter frames to make them unique. Check out 10 ideas below . . .
1. Flower-Power Frame. Feminine and simple, this DIY project feels like spring!
2. Gallery Art Wall. This project is perfect if you have a child who is artsy. You can paint the frames bright colors and use them in your child’s bedroom.
3. Old Window. Have an old window that isn’t in use? Or have you found a window from a thrift shop that you’d like to use? Add some pictures!
4. Clipboards. Clipboards, in and of themselves, aren’t frames. But you can use them as frames to hang photos or quotes!
5. Hanging Frames with Chains. Add multiple chains hanging from a peg for a nautical feel.
6. Transfer Photo, Wood Frames. Use actual pieces of wood to bring a natural feel to your room.
7. Burned Wooden Frames. Minimalist and simplistic, this project is just beautiful.
8. Hanging Mats. This project ends up looking like an art gallery!
9. Multiple frames, various sizes. This look is extra fun when the colors are all the same. In the picture below, the colors used are black and white.
10. DIY Frame Shelf. Create a fun 3D effect! You could even paint different colors, for contrast.
—Katie Hollingsworth, Editor-in-Chief of Stance: Studies on the Family
Spring is just around the corner. Bring new life—specifically plants—into your home or apartment or any room. Have a wonderful weekend! —Katie, Editor-in-Chief of Stance: Studies on the Family Unique Shelving Shapes 2. Terrarium 3. Bottles on the Wall 4. Bunch Together in One Corner […]
In a little more than a week, it’s St. Valentine’s Day. 😉 Okay, so I’m sorry for the reminder. I think this holiday is a little overrated. But here are some not terrible ideas to celebrate this holiday with a little more style Coffee Filters. So you […]
Just kidding . . . But what is more fun that a bunch of big, fluffy pillows?
If you’ve just moved into a new apartment or home, a quick way to make your new space feel “homey” is to make some spunky pillows for any room. Currently, it is really popular to make your own pillows! Keep some of these ideas in mind:
- Texture. Don’t shy away from texture! Flowers or frills can be sewn onto pillows to create a different effect.
- Color. Embrace color. A bright yellow or red or pink may just be the perfect finishing touch to brighten up your room. Even think about using pastel colors.
- Tassels. Add tassels for the sake of spunkiness.
- Words. Add some text—a favorite quote or expression—to a pillow.
- Round v. Square. Try your hand at making some round and square pillows! They don’t have to all be the same shape!
- Reused Materials. Take an old sweater, and repurpose it as a brand new pillow! Not only will you be resourceful, but you will also stay warm and cozy with a snug pillow.
- Glitter. Who doesn’t love a touch of sparkle? Glam up your room with some sparkling sequins or glitter.
Check out some fun pillow ideas below to help you spruce up your space!
—Katie, Stance: Studies on the Family