Good morning, Stance readers!
Looking for ways to update your bedroom. Why not try making your own nightstand? Keep reading below for 10 ideas about DIY nightstands.
1. Square Table
3. Stacked Luggage
4. Hanging Nightstand
5. Restoration Hardware Look
7. Paint-Dipped Stepstool
8. Upside-down, wire wastebasket
9. Jenga Stacking Game Inspiration
10. Recycled Wood Stump
Thank you for reading! Please comment below.
—Katie, Editor-in-Chief, Stance: Studies on the Family
Happy Friday! Maybe you feel like your walls are looking boring. Why not try shaking it up? See ideas for 10 easy accent walls below.
1. Broom—Texture. Different kinds of texture are so great. And this one is peculiar—in a good way!
2. Wood Panel. This style is very cabin-esque. Let’s go mountain-ing! This look would be great in any room, not just for baby!
3. Pattern Paint Rollers. Love this idea! And this pattern looks like modern-art/wheat. Too cool.
4. Gold Polka-Dots. So glam! So easy! Invest in a circle punch.
5. Starched Fabric. This option is a fun way to decorate walls in apartments or rental homes, especially if you are unable to paint where you are living.
6. Sponge—Texture. A nice soft touch added to any room.
7. Contact Paper. Play with different pattern ideas. Chevron isn’t the only way to go!
8. Stripes. Vertical or horizontal stripes are very elegant and very “in.”
9. Triangles. Bold and unique! Very cool for a bedroom.
10. Corrugated Metal. Rustic look that’s simple to create!
Thank you for reading!
—Katie Hollingsworth, Editor-in-Chief, Stance: Studies on the Family
Just kidding . . . But what is more fun that a bunch of big, fluffy pillows?
If you’ve just moved into a new apartment or home, a quick way to make your new space feel “homey” is to make some spunky pillows for any room. Currently, it is really popular to make your own pillows! Keep some of these ideas in mind:
- Texture. Don’t shy away from texture! Flowers or frills can be sewn onto pillows to create a different effect.
- Color. Embrace color. A bright yellow or red or pink may just be the perfect finishing touch to brighten up your room. Even think about using pastel colors.
- Tassels. Add tassels for the sake of spunkiness.
- Words. Add some text—a favorite quote or expression—to a pillow.
- Round v. Square. Try your hand at making some round and square pillows! They don’t have to all be the same shape!
- Reused Materials. Take an old sweater, and repurpose it as a brand new pillow! Not only will you be resourceful, but you will also stay warm and cozy with a snug pillow.
- Glitter. Who doesn’t love a touch of sparkle? Glam up your room with some sparkling sequins or glitter.
Check out some fun pillow ideas below to help you spruce up your space!
—Katie, Stance: Studies on the Family