10 Ways to Decorate with Frames
Dear Stance: Studies on the Family readers,
Good morning! Making your own frames can add spunk and color to your space—whether you live in a home, a rental, an apartment, wherever! You can even alter frames to make them unique. Check out 10 ideas below . . .
1. Flower-Power Frame. Feminine and simple, this DIY project feels like spring!
2. Gallery Art Wall. This project is perfect if you have a child who is artsy. You can paint the frames bright colors and use them in your child’s bedroom.
3. Old Window. Have an old window that isn’t in use? Or have you found a window from a thrift shop that you’d like to use? Add some pictures!
4. Clipboards. Clipboards, in and of themselves, aren’t frames. But you can use them as frames to hang photos or quotes!
5. Hanging Frames with Chains. Add multiple chains hanging from a peg for a nautical feel.
6. Transfer Photo, Wood Frames. Use actual pieces of wood to bring a natural feel to your room.
7. Burned Wooden Frames. Minimalist and simplistic, this project is just beautiful.
8. Hanging Mats. This project ends up looking like an art gallery!
9. Multiple frames, various sizes. This look is extra fun when the colors are all the same. In the picture below, the colors used are black and white.
10. DIY Frame Shelf. Create a fun 3D effect! You could even paint different colors, for contrast.
—Katie Hollingsworth, Editor-in-Chief of Stance: Studies on the Family