Pinterest Win: Lemonies
It is January. The glitter from New Year’s has faded, Martin Luther King Jr. Day is quickly becoming a memory, and all we have to look forward to is THE GRIND. Trust me, I feel the January blues. My way to counteract them is with a treat so sweet and summery, you can’t help but feel better after eating them.
Enter: The Lemon Brownies.
The name is somewhat of a oxymoron, so I prefer the name “lemonies”. Call them what you will, this recipe is a winter-winner.
For the Brownie
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
For the tart lemon glaze
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1cup icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
- Zest and juice two lemons and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixture fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the flour, sugar, salt, and softened butter until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined.
- Pour it into the flour mixture and beat for 2 mins at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into baking dish and bake for 23-25 mins, should turn golden around the edges.
- Allow to cool completely before glazing. Do not overbake, or the bars will dry.
- Filter the powdered sugar and whisk with lemon zest and juice.
- Spread the glaze over the brownies with a rubber spatula and let glaze set.
- Cut into bars and serve.
-Sam Lund, Social Media Director